Champagne Cheddar Spread
Perfect for a holiday party, this lightly spiced sharp Cheddar spread is easy to make with just a little Champagne. Use white Cheddar cheese for an elegant appearance.
- 1 pound cheddar cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sparkling wine
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- french bread slices or crackers
- Place all ingredients in food processor; cover. Process until smooth. Spoon into serving bowl. Cover.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours to allow flavors to blend. Let stand at room temperature to soften slightly. Serve with assorted cut-up vegetables, crackers or French bread slices.
Recipe by McCormick.com via WineShop at Home