This traditional lasagna will be welcome at any occasion, from a casual gathering with friends and family to a holiday buffet. Photo credit: Kristen Doyle from Dine and Dish.
- 6 cups Italian meat sauce recipe or jarred, can also use meatless
- 1 pound lasagna noodles
- 2 containers ricotta 15 ounce each
- 8 ounces mozzarella shredded, divided
- 1/2 cup parmesan grated, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp parsley flakes
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Prepare Italian Meat Sauce or Italian Tomato Sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook pasta as directed on package. Drain and rinse with cold water. Lay flat on wax paper or foil to keep pieces from sticking together. Set aside.
- Mix ricotta cheese, 1 1/2 cups of the mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, eggs, parsley, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in large bowl.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the sauce onto bottom of 13×9-inch baking dish. Top with 1/4 of the lasagna noodles, overlapping edges. Spread 1/3 cheese mixture over noodles. Top with 1 1/2 cups of the sauce. Repeat layers two more times, ending with a layer of pasta and 1 1/2 cups sauce. Cover with foil.
- Bake 40 minutes. Remove foil. Top with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Bake 10 minutes longer or until center is heated through. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Serve with remaining sauce, if desired. (Italian Meat Sauce recipe make a total of 7 cups sauce).
Recipe by McCormick.com via WineShop at Home