This recipe was featured with the Homage Cellars 2017 Merlot. Pair with other Merlot.
Eastern Mediterranean Bolognese
This tasty pasta dish brings a classic meat sauce of Italy together with the exotic spices and authentic flavors of Turkey’s traditional manti dumplings. Spooned over tender cavatelli pasta, Eastern Mediterranean Bolognese is topped with a cool yogurt sauce, cucumbers, tomatoes and fresh mint.
- 24 ounces pasta 2 boxes cavatelli
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound meat loaf mix ground beef, pork, veal mix
- 1/3 cup onion chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp mint
- 3/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup cucumber chopped
- 1 cup tomato chopped
- 1/3 cup mint leaves, fresh torn
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Cook pasta as directed on package. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add meat loaf mix, onion, tomato paste, paprika, dried mint and red pepper; cook and stir 7 to 8 minutes or until meat is browned. Add stock; simmer 10 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Mix cucumbers, tomatoes and fresh mint in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste; set aside. Mix yogurt, water and garlic with whisk until well blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve bolognese over cavatelli. Top with yogurt sauce and cucumber tomato mixture.
Recipe by McCormick.com via WineShop at Home