This recipe was featured with the Monarch 2017 Syrah. Pair with other Syrah.
Easy Cheese Lasagna
Lasagna made easy with a jarred marinara sauce and no boiling needed for the lasagna noodles.
- 2 containers ricotta 30 ounces
- 8 ounces mozzarella shredded, divided
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 jar marinara 24-26 ounces
- 1/2 cup water
- 9 lasagna noodles uncooked
- 1/4 cup parmesan grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix ricotta cheese, 1 1/2 cups of the mozzarella cheese, eggs, Italian seasoning and garlic powder until well blended. Pour marinara sauce into bowl. Pour 1/2 cup water into empty jar; cover and shake well. Add to marinara sauce; mix well.
- Spread about 1 cup of the sauce on bottom of 13×9-inch baking dish. Top with 3 of the lasagna noodles. Spread 1/2 of the cheese mixture over noodles. Repeat sauce, noodles and cheese layer once. Top with remaining noodles and sauce, making sure to cover noodles with sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil.
- Bake 45 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 15 minutes longer or until noodles are tender. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Serve with additional marinara sauce, if desired.
Recipe by McCormick.com via WineShop at Home