This recipe was featured with the Nouveau Muse 2016 Zinfandel. Pair with a Zinfandel.
HONEY VANILLA GLAZED PORK ROAST WITH WILTED SPINACH
Wilted baby spinach, cinnamon, toasted pine nuts and oranges create an aromatic and colorful bed for this flavorful pork roast. Perfect for entertaining, this dish is so easy to prepare, you'll be with your guests in no time.
Cost: 2 pounds boneless pork loin roast, trimmed
- 2 pounds boneless pork loin roast, trimmed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp basil, dry
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 12 ounces baby spinach
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 can mandarin oranges, drained (11 ounces)
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place pork on rack in foil-lined roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper. Mix honey, vinegar, basil, cumin and vanilla in small bowl. Brush 1/2 of glaze on pork.
- Roast 1 hour or until desired doneness, brushing with remaining glaze halfway through cooking. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Heat oil in large deep skillet on medium heat. Add spinach, cinnamon, pepper and salt; toss to coat. Cook and stir about 2 1/2 minutes or until spinach is slightly wilted. Remove from heat. Toss in oranges and toasted pine nuts.
- Serve sliced pork over bed of spinach.
Recipe by McCormick.com via WineShop at Home