This bottle of Justin 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon was given to me as a host gift this past Thanksgiving Day. I had my eye on this brand, and I am very happy to report that it definitely lives up to expectations. The introductory priced wine impressed me greatly. I hope to try more very soon.
We are celebrating with Justin 30 years of tradition by sipping on their bottle of 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon. Grapes are hand-harvested and sorted from limestone rich soils. The wine then spends over a year in the traditional small American oak barrels, 25% of which are new oak, before bottling.
Wine Specifications and Tasting Notes:
- 🗺 From Paso Robles, California
- 🍇 100% Cabernet Sauvignon with a 14.5% ABV
- 👁 Dark Purple to Ruby
- ⏰ Barrel aged for 13 months in American oak (25% new)
- 👃🏼 I found this bottle of Justin 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon to have an intense apple butter aroma. It quite literally took me back to the fall when I made it last. It also had Intense aromas of cinnamon, cloves, black cherry, plum, blackberry, vanilla, black pepper, and leather. The fruit and spice mirrored on the palate spectacularly.
- 👅 Dry wine with medium acid, body, tannins, and finish. I found this to be in perfect balance. Again surprising for an inexpensive bottle.
Wine Pairings, etcetera
I paired Justin 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon with a varietal specific tasting plate of treats including: cranberry white cheddar, garlic and herb brie, marinated mushrooms, summer sausage, crackers, fig jam, and some mini cucumber slices to make me feel better about the decadence. FYI: If you accidentally place your Ritz Crackers too close to the Fig Jam, and happen to eat it unknowingly dripped in the spread, you will be in for a treat. I might have accidentally done it more than once.
Find more specific pairing suggestions on my Cabernet Sauvignon page.
You can purchase Justin 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon at many retailers for approximately $28.