Mexican Tortilla Casserole
Layer on the flavor tonight! This festive casserole features everything you love about a taco, seasoned with the bold, south-of-the-border taste of Mexican Flavor Cubes.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 cube mexican flavor seasoning
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 15.5 ounces whole kernal corn canned, drained
- 15 ounces black beans canned, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups tortilla chips crushed, divided
- 2 cups cheddar shredded, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat oil in a large deep skillet on medium heat. Add onion; cook 5 minutes until softened. Add Flavor Cube; crush with spoon or spatula until crumbled. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce, corn and black beans. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until heated through.
- Spread 1 cup of the crushed tortilla chips in bottom of an 8-inch square baking dish. Top with half of the beef mixture. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese. Repeat layers with the remaining chips, beef mixture and cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned on top. Serve with desired toppings such as guacamole, sour cream, pico de gallo and chopped cilantro, if desired.
Recipe by McCormick.com via WineShop at Home