We love steak. It is keto-friendly (when we remember to not eat carbs). It is healthy. It is tasty. It can be grilled. It can be broiled. It is perfect for cookouts. It is perfect for cold days. It is what’s for dinner!
Sometimes we want it au natural and sometimes we like it marinated (especially if we can only find a cheaper cut that day at the store). Thin sliced and rare with a side of sautéed or grilled veggies–usually zucchini or asparagus–can not be beat. I like my cow mooing (rare), he likes his medium-rare. The boy prefers burgers. I can’t please everyone.
Steak should always have a red by its side. I mean, if you prefer white wine, go for it. But, we drink the full red here with beef. The fattiness of the meat is begging for tannins. The steak needs something bold and beautiful to stand up to it! Together they elevate the magic of this pairing. Try your marinated steak with a Cabernet Sauvignon or a Dry Red Blend.
- Chateau MerrillAnne 2017 “Founded 1734”
- Glory 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon
- McKenna Trilogy
- Pearmund Cellars “Black Ops” 5th Mission
Our Favorite Steak Marinade
- 1/3 cup lemon juice fresh from 1 large lemon
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 tbsp basil
- 2 tbsp parsley flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce cholula or tabasco
- 1 tbsp dried minced onion
- 1 pound lean beef steak skirt steak, flank steak, etc
- In large ziplock bag, whisk together all marinade ingredients.
- Place steak in bag with mariade, get most of the air out and seal. If your steak is on the less expensive or tougher side, tenderize with mallet, meat tenderizer, fork, or even a heavy bottomed pot.
- Refrigerate steak for up to 8 hours. Bring out one hour begfore grilling or broiling.