The flavors of Greece come to life in this easy Skillet Moussaka recipe. Make this version in a pan instead of a dish to save time. Combine beef, oregano, thyme and mint, eggplant and tomato sauce. Cover with a custard-like Alfredo sauce, egg and herb mixture, and cook until puffed.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp mint
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large eggplant about 1 pound, peeled and chopped into 1/2-inch chunks
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 15 ounces alfredo sauce jarred
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- Heat 10-inch nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add ground beef, 1 teaspoon each of the oregano and thyme, mint and salt; cook and stir until beef is browned.
- Add eggplant; cook and stir until tender, about 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce. Smooth out top to be level and flat. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Mix Alfredo sauce, eggs, flour and remaining 1/2 teaspoon each oregano and thyme in medium bowl. Pour over meat mixture in skillet. Cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes or until Alfredo custard is puffed and set.
Recipe by McCormick.com via WineShop at Home