Summer Fruit Tart
Enjoy the bounty of summer fruits in this delicious cinnamon- and ginger-spiced peach and blueberry tart.
- 1 pie crust
- 1 egg white lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 2 cups peaches about 3, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare crust as directed on package. Place on foil-lined 12-inch pizza pan. If necessary, press out any folds or creases. Brush crust with about 1/2 of the beaten egg white.
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and ginger in medium bowl. Add fruit and vanilla; toss gently. Spoon into center of crust, spreading to within 2 inches of edges. Fold 2-inch edge of crust up over fruit, pleating or folding crust as needed. Brush crust with remaining egg white.
- Bake 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool slightly before serving.
Recipe by McCormick.com via WineShop at Home